Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Home Health

*DISCLAIMER* The following post may come across a quite whiney and full of complaints. Be advised that the author has spent the last two weeks unwittingly catching every cold, flu, and other common viruses so generously shared by viewers like you.

I tried... I really did. I did the tinctures, the oils, and every other home remedy I could think of. Nothing worked. Not only had I spent the last week and a half battling allergies, sporadic sore throats, laryngitis, a 24-hour flu bug, and a whole host of minor aches and pains, but I spent this entire weekend sicker than I care to be for a really long time (say...forever?). My fever started sometime early Saturday morning and didn't really 'break' until Monday morning. I had..wait make that STILL HAVE that stubborn stomach flu bug that's going around. I had headaches. I had chills. I had soreness, fatigue, etc. etc. I still feel like I've been through the wringer and it's Tuesday! Boy, was I annoyed to spend a 40 degree no-chore-duty Sunday stuck in bed... So after a long weekend of being sick and nearly two week's worth of various illnesses, I broke down and went to the doctor's yesterday. She prescribed an antibiotic for a bladder infection and said to push fluids, etc. for the stomach flu and get plenty of rest. I said, Ok. After I got home, I read the warning label for the pills the doc ordered. "May cause diarhea" WHAT? I just went in because I was sick and now the medicine that's supposed to make me better could possibly add to my troubles? *Sigh* That's what I get for going in instead of just sticking it out a few more days....I do have to add, though, that I haven't had a sore throat since Friday night. That's got to count for something, doesn't it?

3 comments:

joan j said...

That does not sound like a very fun way to spend ANY day, least of all a day off! Ugh. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anna said...

Well wishes sent your way. At least then you don't have to go out in this snow:)

Lori said...

hope you feel better soon!