Friday, March 13, 2009

Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscopes used to be fun things to play with. A simple tube with mirrors and bits of colored plastic was all it took to keep us amused for a while. We used to spend alot of time twirling it this way and that, trying to see what kind of magical stained glass windows we could create next. It's been within this last week and a half that I have discovered something wonderful about my kaleidoscopic life. Life is always changing, shifting into something new based on the events of my day. Of course, not every day can be a happy pretty kaleidoscope-full of bright colors and intricate patterns. There are the dark days that just don't seem to have any happiness in them. Yet, looking back at the end of the day, I can usually find beauty in those somber colors and simple patterns. I just have to look past the surface of my day's events and see how everything turned out in the end. It's hard sometimes, but I've found it can be done.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very well said- you sure have a way with words!