Sunday, March 15, 2009

Who I am...

Who I am-

I am a woman, strong and capable of doing many things I never thought possible.
I am a wife, a homemaker, a chef, and an interior decorator.
I am a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a niece, a granddaughter.
I am a dairy farmer, a self-educated cow medicator, and a 'replacement momma' to the calves.
I am a friend (hopefully a good one) with an always open door and empty ear for listening.
I am a struggling optimist, trying to keep the "Why ME?" questions at bay while looking to the future, bright with promise.
I am hopeful that I will be a mother someday, that my medical troubles will soon be past me and I will no longer have empty arms.
I am happy that my babies are in God's care, and will never have to experience the trials of this earth, yet sad that I never got to see them smile.
I am not perfect, nor do I wish to be.
And most of all, I am simply ME.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Very beautiful Jill.

Anonymous said...

Very nicely put!! I have been blessed having you in my life as a good friend! Thank You!! (I don't know what I would do without you) :)

joan j said...

acceptence - that's one of the best gift that a person can have. Being you is something no one can take away. I like the way you write things.