Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Making it a Good Day

Yesterday was just 'one of those days' and by the time I got home from town, I was in a pretty nasty mood. Here's what went wrong yesterday:
1. The chiropractor's office scheduled me at one time, but told me my appointment was an hour later.
2. I hurt pretty bad after chiropractor appointment.
3. Our 'newer' car started acting up-miscellaneous electrical issues, squealing, stalling, not shifting, speedometer malfunctioning, etc.
4. I realized just how much I need to pay in doctor bills for this past month, got some news I didn't want to hear, and spent way more time in town than I had wanted to.

After spending half the day being upset, I got sick of it. I decided to quit being crabby and MAKE it a good day by focusing on the positives instead of the negatives. It worked! Here's how my day went once I revised my thinking.
1. Despite the appointment mixup, there was another appointment available and I got in 20 minutes earlier than I was expecting. Yay!
2. The pain from being adjusted meant that I no longer had bones out of place. Peaceful night's sleep awaits!
3. Thankfully, the car malfunctioned now instead of on a trip somewhere (I know how much fun car trips are when the car breaks down and you are halfway between point A and point B), now Lanny knows that the alternator is probably shot, and I didn't get stranded in town despite my car troubles. I also got to take the 'scenic route' home from Menahga and got to see some pretty spectacular sights, not to mention some pretty spectacular washed-out roads.
4. I called and set up a payment plan for the bills after resolving (yet again) to not worry about money so much, realized that the news was well-meant but that I don't have to listen to everything everyone else tells me, and actually enjoyed being out of the house on a beautiful day. (Enjoyed it all the more since I wasn't sick anymore!)
5. I fed my dog and watched her care for her five adorable little puppies. (Anyone wanting a mixed breed puppy? If so, let me know. They will be ready early to mid June, I am guessing.)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad your day got better!

Jan said...

the title of your post reminded me of Paul Harvey!