Tuesday, February 24, 2009

10 Random Things From The Last Week

1. My accountant asked how my weight loss program is going. He's the last person I would have ever expected to ask me.

2. Lanny told me that our sewer line froze. The thing is that no one's been home for two weeks so there shouldn't have been any water going through the pipe anyway.

3. I fell asleep before 11pm two nights in a row! (First time that's happened in a while)

4. I woke up 45 minutes before I needed to be up and decided to unload the dishwasher and read instead of going back to bed.

5. I figured out how to play some of the songs from the song book on the piano. No need to make me play for church, though... I can only play with the right hand and I can't play chords.

6. I made a cherry cheesecake but didn't eat a single piece of it. I also managed to stay away from the ice cream most of the time.

7. The big toe on my left foot remains sore despite the fact that the ungrateful cow stepped on it three weeks ago. I discovered this by stubbing it painfully on a dresser the other morning. (Lanny didn't think that I stubbed my toe on accident... He thought I did it just to see if it was still sore...)

8. I realized that my dog Mindy is most likely going to have puppies within a few months. (If she does, any takers? The mother is 1/2 Australian Shepherd, part Alaskan Husky, part Malamute, and part Golden Lab. The father is a philandering chocolate lab+who know's what? that needs to be neutered.)

9. I learned to love an automatic dishwasher.

10. I have the night off of chores and am absolutely loving it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Enjoy peace and quiet cause once the kids enter into your lives, those moments are rare!!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Go Jill! You have a good sense of humor; when I read your post, it seemed like you were actually saying it "live". :)
Good luck w/ taxes and all.
Jen

p.s. I would take a puppy if we lived in MN!