Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Well, it's that time of year again... Valentine's Day. Full of hearts and pretty pinks and candy and flowers and etc. etc. My hubby doesn't believe in V-day. He thinks we should be celebrating love every day so what's the point of V-day? So, another year goes by without the mushy cards or roses or candy boxes. But in all reality, do I mind? Nope. Not one bit. I told him that I would make him bring any flowers he buys me back to the shop because they are so darn expensive at this time of year. I can't eat candy because I get sick from the sugar content. A mushy sentimental card would be nice but kind of a waste of money. Besides, he really does show me how much he loves me in other ways. So I don't care if I don't get more than a verbal valentine because it means alot just like that.

That aside, I do have to confess that each time I walk down those candy and card aisles in the store, I miss those elementary school days. You know, when everyone would bring those cute little cards with kitschy messages on them folded in half around a piece of candy? We used to make card holders and then hurriedly toss cards in them so we could eat the candy sooner. *Sigh* To be a kid again... Almost makes me want to buy the candy and cards. I said almost...

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I agree that it's kind of a Hallmark holiday. I would rather get flowers for no particular reason or if I'm having a bad day- even better if they are picked from a road ditch! But, my hubby knid of forgets anything might possible be refered to as romance...

Jill - A Farmer's Wife said...

Yeah, my hubby can forget the romantic stuff too. He used to do more of it when we were engaged but once we got married, it was like his romantic side just evaporated. Still, he suprises me once in a while and, since it isn't a normal occurance, it's all the more sweet when he does do something cute.