Monday, February 23, 2009

Tax Time

I just love this time of year...(note the heavy sarcasm in that statement) Lanny and I are going to be meeting with our accountant tomorrow to turn in our tax paperwork. I must say that I am both looking forward to and dreading this appointment. I am looking forward to it because then we will be done for another year, but dreading it because we will find out how much we owe the IRS for the last year. I am also dreading it because Lanny and I have this tradition of going to DQ after the appointment to 'celebrate'. Unfortunately, while I have been slipping in the dieting area, fast food and ice cream still make me sick if I have too much. Perhaps we will have to change our 'celebrate' tradition to Subway instead....

I must also add that I took for granted how easy it was to do my taxes before I married a self-employed farmer. It's times like this that I miss a paycheck with taxes already deducted, EZ-tax forms, and my dad's proficient use of the TurboTax computer program.

2 comments:

Pete/Heidi said...

I think tax time was meant to induce stress... We've managed to owe $$ 1 if not 2 of the 3 years we have bee married -- with "regular" jobs. Silver lining: if you owe $$ -- you did not give the govm't an interest free loan the last year! :)

Jill - A Farmer's Wife said...

Maybe that's why it's called tax season...Because it's such a "taxing" time of year! :)