Thursday, February 12, 2009

Organic Farming

Well, it's official. We are organic farmers. Yep, we got our organic certification just the other day. Lanny argues that the full calendar year for transitioning to organic is up on March 1st, but I say that since we got the certification, we are organic now. What's a few weeks difference matter?

I may be big into organics now, but I wasn't always. In fact, I knew very little about organics (aside from the fact that organic groceries always cost more in the store) before I met Lanny. Now, it has become an integral part of how I approach gardening, farming, grocery shopping, just about everything! Sometimes I wonder if I am a bit TOO gung-ho about it, but I just think about how much better I feel about what I am eating, drinking, using, and doing. Then I don't worry about it. My mother-in-law once said that she doesn't feel like she needs to worry about eating an unwashed organic apple (compared to conventional) because it doesn't have all of the sprays and chemicals on it. I concur.

4 comments:

Lois said...

WOHOO! congrats on the certification! i just found your blog... like it :)

joan j said...

And I just found you, too. Congratulations on that transition! On surviving the Detox week too! Doesn't sound like fun. :p Say hi to your hubby from us. I'll be back!

joan j said...

And I just found you, too. Congratulations on that transition! On surviving the Detox week too! Doesn't sound like fun. :p Say hi to your hubby from us. I'll be back!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Ditto above! Did not know you had a blog! Fun to see! Congrats on the certification.
Hope you are well!