Friday, December 4, 2009

Baby on Board

I am 31 weeks pregnant and only have 9 weeks left to go.
That's 9 weeks left of:
-hearing the stories of farmer's wives who milked in the morning, went in and had their baby, and were back out in the barn for evening milking
-not fitting behind the steering wheel of my car
-hearing all about the awful labors and the extraordinarily short and sweet labors
-waddling
-waiting on pins and needles to meet the little imp that daily reminds me of it's existence with 'gentle' nudges and bumps to various internal organs and bones
-having to pee every few minutes
-not being able bend over and tie my shoes

It's also 9 weeks left of:
-wondering what my baby will look like
-hoping the times flies by
-waiting to fulfill my greatest wish
-waiting to meet the miracle that is my baby

Saved the best reason for last.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jill, Jamie from Organic Valley here--congratulations on your pregnancy! Are you an OV member?

Jill - A Farmer's Wife said...

Hi Jamie, and thank you. We are very excited about adding to our family. Yes, I am an OV member. My hubby and I farm with his parents and just finished transitioning to organic last March. It's been an adventure but I'm enjoying the ride! :)

Lori said...

My gosh, time flies! Can't wait to hear all about your little one:)

Pete/Heidi said...

Congratulations Jill and Lanny! How exciting for you two to be expecting the arrival of your new little one. What a great blessing! Happy Holidays!

Heidi (Skoog) L'Esperance

joan j said...

The count down is on! :) Tell Lanny to take you on a date before the baby is born....it won't be just the two of you for a long, long time. Actually, you might want to insist on it. :)