Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cold Mornings

It's getting to be that time of year again. Yes, I know Christmas is on the way but that's not what I am talking about. It's time for the thermometer to show dreaded NEGATIVE numbers. Yep, it was officially -0.6 degrees F this morning when I headed out to do chores. At least it was warm here. The in-laws had a temp of -2 degrees. These colder mornings mean cold fingers and toes while milking, chasing cows, and feeding calves. It also means that my 'automatic' starter on the pickup needs to be in working order. (aka my husband) That 'automatic vehicle starter' is also a pretty good 'automatic fire starter' for the wood stove, too. (Thanks, honey. I don't tell you that enough!) I am also getting prepared for the inevitable frozen water/sewer lines (water line has frozen a few times already including today). There's a bucket of water in the bathroom, a gallon of drinking water in the kitchen, plenty of hand sanitizer and, of course, I stocked the outhouse toilet paper supply.

No comments: