Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eats

Can you believe it? I celebrated the holidays without attempting a single bit of traditional baking on my part, Santa came and left wool socks but no candy in my stocking, I ate very little sweets over the entire holiday weekend, and (surprisingly enough) it still felt like Christmas. I did make some yummy homeade eggnog but decreased the amount of sugar (could probably do so again) and used our milk so I didn't feel quite so bad about that indulgence. It's got me wondering... Can Christmas be celebrated without the cookies, bakery, and other sugary treats? I do like my Christmas cookies and was able to limit myself to just four this year, but I wish I had the willpower my hubby has. He hasn't eaten any goodies for the last two months! I will admit to having a sweet tooth and I always start the holiday season with good intentions but rarely manage to follow them. This year I did though, proving to myself that it can be done. I felt better too. None of that icky "I ate too much" feeling after Christmas Day Dinner. Is it just because I am pregnant that I am watching how much and what I eat? Or is it that I am finally changing eating habits for the better? I suppose I will have to wait and see if these good habits stick after the baby is born. (One thing I discovered over the weekend...A chilled clementine is sweeter and tastier than any cookie I tried.)

1 comment:

Pietila Family said...

That's awesome Jill! Wish I could say the same...