Thursday, March 25, 2010

Diaper Duty

I've been using clothies on V for just over month now and thought I would share what I've learned during that time. I do the old-fashioned tri-fold diapers fastened with Snappi's and plastic pants/diaper covers at home and use the bumGenius brand diapers on V for town trips and chores.

-bumGenius 3.0 All-In-One pocket diapers are awesome! They are the only diaper (to date) that can contain V's 'explosions' when he is in his car seat. The only downside is that they are a pretty bulky diaper. Still, a bulky bottom looks cute on a baby.

-Snappi's are pretty cool. I love that it's 1-2-3 and the diaper is on without any pricked fingers. Daddy would prefer diaper pins but since Mommy does 98% of the diaper changes, she gets the final say.

-I don't feel bad about changing four diapers in five minutes anymore because I am not thinking about the expensive diapers that are being wasted and added to our landfills.

-V is happier in clothies. Perhaps they are softer and/or more comfy than disposables? Not sure.

-Old-fashioned tri-fold diapers aren't all that hard to change. I was intimidated at first, but after doing them for a few weeks, it's not that hard.

The one thing I have yet to do is bring my clothies on a road trip. I am heading out of town for a vacation this weekend and am doing disposables. It's going to be at a jam-packed house and I am not sure of how much room is in my ride for diaper pails and my diaper bin. At least that's my rationale-that it's just easier to do disposables. I feel bad not bringing my cloth diapers but I don't feel comfortable enough yet to bring them. Maybe the next trip...

No comments: