Thursday, May 21, 2009

Miscarriage and Me

I've wanted to write an entry about miscarriage for a while now. For some, miscarriage is a personal thing. It's something to deal with privately. I, however, find that I have this almost insatiable need to know more about them. I need to learn about miscarriage and what doctors think. I need to know other women have coped. It's as if, by knowing more, I can better come to terms with what happened. I have also found it therapeutic to talk about it. It's my 'vent', because if I don't get these feelings out in the open, I get overwhelmed. I also look at it as part of my healing. I am coming to terms with what has been happening over the last year and a half. I am seeing that I can move past this and I am a stronger woman for my experiences. I have had several questions in recent months on how I have handled my multiple miscarriages, possible signs of a miscarriage, the unknown cause of each one, and how I am approaching my fertility issues now. Most people who ask are curious. They don't know much about miscarriage as they've never had to deal with one. Others ask to see how their experiences line up with mine. Some ask simply to learn. I plan to write a few more entries on miscarriage answering the more common questions I have received. If you have a specific query, let me know via email, phone, or in person and I will try to address it as best I can.

No comments: