Monday, May 11, 2009

Definition of a Farmer's Wife

10 Signs I Am Truly A Farmer's Wife:

1. I asked Lanny for a pair of vice grips or a garden spade for my birthday instead of a meal at a fancy restaurant.

2. I am able to talk about somatic cell counts, field work, gardening, and cows and actually (sound like I) know what I am saying.

3. The sight of cows contentedly grazing in a lush green pasture is wonderful not only because it's such an iconic country picture, but because it means the cows are happy and happy cows make more milk.

4. I find milking cows to be a (generally) relaxing time of day.

5. I wake up at the 'crack of dawn' whether I need to milk cows or not.

6. I am used to planning spur of the moment trips when the only notice we are going is Lanny telling me at 10pm that we are leaving after morning chores the very next morning.

7. I can finally tell the tractors apart (most of the time anyway).

8. Ask me about treating mastitis and I can give you at least five different treatment options off the top of my head.

9. I know what different kinds of manure mean for the cow's health and that a 'cowpie' can be a good thing.

10. Getting pooped on no longer phases me.

2 comments:

Jan said...

congrats! I think you pass the country woman test!

joan j said...

sounds like you made it! :)