Monday, March 14, 2011

Second Update from Up North

We went down to Homer on Saturday and I was in awe of the whole drive. The views are just spectacular up here! Mountains everywhere and the water is so blue...*Sigh* I could stay here for longer than a week. We went and wandered around on the beach, toured a crazy little bookstore with books stacked literally EVERYWHERE, and visited with Phil, a friend in the area. He's a captain but unfortunately, he blew out his knee and couldn't take us out fishing. Instead, he lined up a fishing trip for a few of us with his buddy Ron. It was a blast! I kept catching fish that had to be thrown back but it was great anyway. In the course of the weekend, I learned a few things.

-Mountain views are gorgeous no matter where they are.
-There are still honest people in the world and one of them just returned our lost checkbook.
-Homeade seafood chowder tastes AMAZING!
-I married into a very STRANGE family...but I knew that before I married L.

2 comments:

hl said...

What?!!!! Must just be the AK air.......HL

Jill - A Farmer's Wife said...

Nope. It wasn't the air. Everyone acted like they normally do in the lower 48.