Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Little One



Meet Vernon Lanny Salmen, all 6lb 3oz and 18.75in of him. He was born just before 1am on Saturday after putting his mommy through 19 hours of labor and morning chore duty.



Can you tell I've only had about 7.5 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours? And doesn't Lanny look like such a proud papa? I love this picture aside from the fact that I am wearing the oh-so-chic pink hospital nursing gown.



I am still in awe that this little guy is really here! He was a surprise all around since he came nearly three weeks early on the one weekend in January when the in-laws were either out of town or working. Thankfully, we managed to find extra chore help and everything turned out okay. Now, His Majesty is calling for his supper so I am going to go attend to his needs.

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! He's a handsome little man, and you look great! I'm assuming he's named after uncle Vern? What an honor if he is!

Pietila Family said...

Aaahh what a cutie!! Hugs to all of you from AK. : ) Enjoy your "babymoon" - they grow fast!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Congratulations, Jill and Lanny! What a cutie! :) Enjoy.
Love and Hugs to all from AK!

joan j said...

Congratulations! He's super cute! I can't tell who he looks like. I had to laugh when I heard he was born....5 more weeks, huh?!

Megan said...

He's beautiful Jill and Lanny! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

aww. he's still a cutie!! i have some hats if you want some.. my babies heads are too big for them.. give me a holler if you do!! i hope you are adjusting well at home.. he looks great and so do you!!

Anna said...

Congrats! I also chuckled when I heard he arrived...no more green eyed monster;) He's adorable!

Jan said...

Congratulations to the new mama and papa! And welcome baby Vernon! I heard he is a little cutie : )

Emily S. said...

Congratulations to you, Lanny and Jill! He is a little cutie :) It is kind of nice to have them a little early, hey?
The bottom picture kind of reminds me of Hans and Janelles babies. Must be an Olson look:)
You look great!

Gods peace!

Jill - A Farmer's Wife said...

Thank you! I have to agree that he is a little cutie and I am awfully glad he came early. 6lbs is easier than 9lbs. Funny that you think he looks Olson, Emily, because I keep seeing some of Lanny's nieces and nephews in him and think he looks more Salmen. (He has Lanny's cowlick! It's so cute!)

Lori said...

Let me add my congrats Jill! Such a cutie:)

Pete/Heidi said...

Congratulations! Love the name! What a cutie! Heidi (Skoog) L'Esperance