Thursday, July 9, 2009

Potpourri

-How come dishes always pile up despite the fact that I am only cook for one and a half people right now? (One and a half because Lanny isn't eating enough for a whole person yet. He's not eating much other than fruit and you don't need plate for that, so I suppose I am only cooking for me, really....)

-I want to move stuff into the house, out of the house, and around the house. I just need someone who's better at fitting alot of stuff into not alot of space to help.

-Never lament about not having a lawn when one lives alongside a pasture. I said something the other day about not having grass around the house and Lanny pointed out that I do to have a lawn. 90 acres of it in fact and I don't even need to mow.

-In a perfect world, the rain we got today would have been limited to the pasture, my garden, and my tomatoes. Too bad this isn't a perfect world.

-We finally named the puppy. I wasn't too thrilled with keeping her (and she's still up for adoption if anyone is interested) so her name isn't too imaginative. Next time you stop by, you will see Mindy and her progeny, Pups.

-I should have allowed more room for the pumpkins as they are starting to overtake the watermelon, the cantelope, and the cucumbers. I also planted way too much lettuce...again...Even with Lanny eating a raw foods diet, we still have too much. You think I would learn.

-Our barn cat is now a morning chores cat, too. He likes to come sit by the cows while we are milking in the morning and mew piteously in hopes of getting some milk. He's doing something right because the cows haven't pooped nearly as much when he's in the barn.

-Our tent claims to be a two-person backpacking tent. This translates as "the tent will fit two people only if they sleep on their sides and it's impossible for both to change at the same time." It also means that I spent an entire weekend with Lanny's campfire smoke smelling clothes in a very compact space.

-If there's one scent I CANNOT stand it's the smell of campfire smoke on clothing and in my hair. Don't ask me why this is, because I can't explain it. It permeates everything when you go camping.

-Why is it that you always manage to pack WAY more than you need when you go camping? I packed enough food to last a week and I was the only one eating it. We went camping on the North Shore last weekend and between the two of us, we filled our car. How is this possible?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you guys had a fun weekend!?! you didnt miss much here...

Anonymous said...

maybe a good thing we didn't go too? we wouldn't have fit with all the "stuff."

joan j said...

don't worry, not matter how many go camping, you always, always fill the car. When Keith and I used to go we'd be full and when we went with 2 kids we were full. I can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like with 3. We'll need a trailer.