Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Lines


Did you know that cows can get wrinkles? Well, they aren't actually wrinkles, but rather 'happy lines'. Happy lines are horizontal lines that appear on the cow's side and indicate she is content. Above is the picture of the bull I promised to post ages ago. If you look closely, you can see his 'happy lines' about halfway down his side. (It's not the best picture of these lines, I apologize.)

Since 'happy lines' prove the cow is content and they look an awful lot like wrinkles, I've decided I won't have wrinkles when I get older. I'm going to have 'happy lines' just like the cows.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I like the idea of "happy lines". :)

Anonymous said...

Do humans have happy lines too? I wanna have happy lines!! ;)

Anna said...

I love these little tidbits you give us about cows and farming. Even growing up in farming country, I never knew about happy lines and the other details!! I'll have happy lines along with you:)