Thursday, April 25, 2013

Breathe Deeply

Ahhh...Smell that?  Spring is in the air.

What is Spring to me? It's a time of melting snow, suck-the-boots-off-your-feet-sticky mud, and dirty kids tracking said mud around my spring-cleaned house.  It's a time of dirty-ness.  All that clean white snow is disappearing only to reveal dull brown grass, half rotten leaves, and (due to a home renovation project last fall) a swampy muddy back yard with various piles of construction debris intermingled with the remnants of our wood pile. 

Yet, soon, hopefully anyway, that brown forlorn pasture will provide a lush clover meal for grazing cattle. Bare branches will be clothed in vibrant shades of green.  My soupy back yard will be transformed into a smooth grassy play area with a new sandbox, clothesline, and flower garden. (Okay maybe I'm dreaming a bit here on that last one.)

Mother Nature likes to Spring Clean too.
Just hope she doesn't put it off like I usually do.

No comments: