Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tidbits

-The much anticipated baby swing arrived today (a whole 2 days earlier than expected!) and Daddy got it all set up in time for Baby to take it for a test drive. Works like a charm! It takes up alot of space, doesn't fold up so nicely, but I don't know who likes it more-Me or Baby.

-Taxes are slowly but surely getting done in this house. I always promise myself that I will do a better job of sorting/filing/entering tax info during the year instead of during the final week before our accountant appointment, but this year I really mean to follow through. It's too hard to try and get things done when one has to nurse a fussy baby pretty much all day long.

-Baby is a little piggy. Nursed for a half hour and polished off a 2 oz bottle in no time! I am so lucky that he takes a bottle really well and that Daddy doesn't mind feeding it.

-Left Baby for the first time today. Ran some quick errands in town and was gone about an hour. Heavenly not having to haul that carseat out at every stop! Still, it was nice to get back home again to my little boy.

-I swear our laundry multiplies like rabbits! Laundry bags were all (nearly) empty end of last week and now they are brimming! Grr... Now that I have my baby swing, I think I need to focus on getting a new washing machine.

-I miss doing chores because I miss the cows, the company of my milking partner, and getting out of the house. I feel so out of the loop with what's happening in the barn, but I like not having to do chores because Baby still gets me up 2+ times a night, I get to sleep in (rarely anymore but enough to count) in the mornings, and I know I will be back in the swing of things soon enough.

1 comment:

Pietila Family said...

Hi Jill! That's what babies do - nurse, sleep and poo all day (and night) long. : ) Some days it seems like all they want to do is nurse, nurse, nurse, but they're just trying to get your supply up. Drinking lots of water will really help. Often, when you start depending on using formula bottles, your supply will go down as your body thinks it doesn't need to produce as much. Makes it sound like we're talking about cows, doesn't it!? Funny how after you have a baby you can relate to the cows alot more. At least I did. : ) I wish I could hold little Vernon... We'd love if you emailed us a couple pictures since we can't see him in person.