Friday, April 17, 2015

Ahhh....Spring Breezes

I love these sunny warm days. The grass is growing, the trees are budding out, and the air smells so new and fresh. (AAHHHCCHHOOO...Pardon me. I get spring allergies and I've been a touch sneezy the last few weeks...)

But best of all, the days are warm enough to do something I absolutely love. (Well, I love it for the first few weeks and then it's like 'meh...') So what is it that I adore doing this time of year?

Hint: It's something you do outside on gorgeous sunshiney days.  And it's not gardening-which I can't do even if I wanted to...Usually my garden is a mudpit this time of year but thanks to the dryness outside, my poor garden is mostly dust right now.

Answer: Hanging clothes on the clothesline.

Yes, I actually like hanging clothes outside. For one, who doesn't love the scent of line-dried clothes? Best. Smell. EVER. Second, it gets me out of the house for a few minutes. Even on the days when I have a counter full of dishes, a heap of clothes to wash, and a pile of bookkeeping to tend to, I know I can sneak outside for a few moments and catch some sunshine because there's clothes to hang. Third, I get my Vitamin D dose for the day because I'm out in the sun. Can't argue with that, right?

Since it's sunny & warm with just enough of a breeze to keep the air flowing through the open doors and windows, my clotheslines are set up, and I've got a load of clothes in the washer, I'm off to get my Vitamin D for the day.

No comments: