Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Title

I just got a phone call from a telemarketer asking if Mrs. S was at home. I had to stop and think. Who could be Mrs. S in this house? Then it hit me-I was Mrs. S!

It's been three and a half years since L and I got married but I still don't think of myself as Mrs. I'm not a Miss or a Ms either. I'm just plain ol' J.

I've just never associated myself with that title. I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister, cow milker, amateur gardener, half decent short order cook, housekeeper, babysitter, dog walker, and pretty darn good procrastinator but I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to be a Mrs. Sure, it's printed on my mail and I'll get the calls asking for Mrs. S but I don't know if I will ever get used to seeing my name with Mrs. in front of it. Maybe I'm not old enough yet...

No comments: