Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Out of the loop

Sorry for not posting in ages but our computer is so virus laden that it takes five minutes to load pages and I just don't have that kind of time. So, until our new modem arrives (the old one was fried, again, during a thunderstorm) and our computer is virus-free, I will be on sporadically when I am at the library.

Quick update on everything else:
-V is 7 months old! Yikes, where did that time go? Summer is nearly over, Fall Freshening is fast approaching, and I am the mother of a little boy who can roll over, sit up, and babble.

-I started my first canning project. 8 pints of bread-and-butter pickles are now in the cupboard and I own my very first canning pot. I still have one more batch of pickles to put up and tons of other garden produce to finish putting up.

-Green beans (2 gallons so far) are in the freezer and carrots are next. My garden is doing awesome this year! I have so much produce and we did better on the weeds than we have ever done. I am loving this. Nothing like sweet corn fresh from the garden for supper.

1 comment:

Tim and Andrea said...

Sounds Delicious! Can't wait to have some sweet corn and to give big hugs to Vern when we get home!