Monday, July 26, 2010

You know it's time to weed when...

The pigweed no longer counts as a weed because it's the size of a small sapling. It took me an hour, but I finally found all of my onions in the garden and thinned my carrots. Unfortunately, I also accumulated pricked fingers because my garden is not only producing a bumper crop of veggies but also an even bigger crop of thistle plants. I can usually get them early enough that they don't have any pickers but a few managed to sprout several inches tall and now have terrible spines on them. It was just my luck that those few were also the ones hidden in the copious amounts of quack grass that is also quite abundant in my garden this year. Still, it's a gorgeous day, V slept the hour I worked in the garden, I got five rows weeded, and a gallon of baby carrots so the poked fingers are worth it.

1 comment:

BlueSky said...

I miss having a garden to weed, as lame as it sounds :)