Friday, April 23, 2010

Homeschool Teacher

I taught a session on writing stories to two of my nieces this past week. They are both being homeschooled and I jumped at the opportunity to see how homeschooling feels. I had a great time though I kept finding myself 'telling' them how to write and had to remind myself that they needed to learn for themselves. I think this would get better as time goes on and have offered to do more with writing and english with the girls in the next school year. I am brimming with new ideas and can't wait to do it again. It's getting me excited about homeschooling even though V won't be in school for five more years.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Sadie thought it was great- and has worked on her story some. Thanks so much for your help. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the three of you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're planning on homeschooling, that's great! Greg and I are planning on homeschooling Ayla as well. We're really looking forward to it!

Nussbaumer Kids said...

I did a google search for homeschooling farm and blog and here I am. Currently my oldest is 5 and I am planning on homeschooling and am also a farmers wife. Every homeschool looks different and a homeschool on a farm certainly has its advantages and disadvantages. I would love to exchange ideas!